I love to read. The following are a series of book lists with a few comments for anyone who might be interested.
Tao/Zen/Perspective adjusting reads — These are the books I tend to listen to via audio either in the car or while in my studio (the laundry room in the cellar :). I listen to these over and over again. Several I have been listening to for over 5 years. Even thought the words are the same each time, and even though parts I kinds ‘glaze’ over, I do hear/learn something new every time I listen. My husband turned me onto most of the items in this list. Thanks Honey.
- Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao. — Wayne Dyer reads this book to us. He is a great reader (a concern for audio book lovers as sometimes a reader can be distracting from the story). I have probably listened to this one over 10 times and it is still at the top of my list.
- The Power of Now. — Eckhart Tolle reads this book with two other readers. Eckhart is a good reader, the other two are ok but in the end their style does help keep you present while listening. I didn’t think I would like the question-answer format but it works. I have really gotten a lot out of this book
- The Art of Stillness: Adventures in going nowhere. Pico Iyer is a great reader. This is a surprising listen, great content and delivery. Many repeat listens.
- The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream. Paulo Coelho’s book read by Jeremy Irons is story that stays with you even after you finish listening to it once. So, I just keep re-listening to it. Jeremy Irons is a great reader. I finally listened to this because my sone needed to have a summer reading book for school and I was trying to help him out by also listening to it so we could talk about it. I am still hooked on it and I re-listen to it pretty often.
more to come …
Other lists I need to fill out:
- Not your run of the mill topics (the hidden lives of trees)
- fun series books I go back to (Harry Dresden, Stephanie Plum, Jack Reacher, Gorky park guy, Jane Whitefield,
- magic/sci fi books that are re-reads (Ready Player One, Seveneves: a Novel, Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrel, )